The University offers on-Grounds housing for guests attending Finals Weekend. Reservations are limited and provided on a first-come, first-served basis. This is not a hotel option, but an economical, no-frills alternative with no minimum stay requirement. Guests will stay in our first-year residence halls located in the Alderman Road Residence Area. These hall-style accommodations include two lofted twin beds and shared common area and gender-specific shared bathrooms on each hall. Compostable sheets and pillow are provided, but guests must provide their own towels, toiletries, and other amenities.
Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis, and payment in full is due at the time you register. For more information or to make your reservation, visit https://conferences.virginia.edu/finals-weekend. For questions, please email Conference Services at email@example.com.
For information on area hotels and room availability, contact the Charlottesville Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau at (434) 293-6789 / (877) 386-1103. Please note area hotels often fill very quickly. It is recommended guests make reservations as early as possible.
The city of Charlottesville is located in Central Virginia, just two hours south of Washington, D.C. and one hour northwest of Richmond, VA. Charlottesville has a regional airport, Amtrak rail service, and Greyhound bus service. UVA is easily accessible from Interstate 64, Route 29, and Route 250.
For information on air, train, and bus travel, visit the Charlottesville Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau's website.
Local Restaurants & Dining
A comprehensive list of local restaurants can be found on the Charlottesville Albemarle County Convention and Visitors Bureau website.
On-Grounds Food Services
On Saturday and Sunday, food and beverage stands will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. At the stand near Garrett Hall, light breakfast items (muffins, pastries, breakfast biscuits, snack items, beverages) will be offered for sale with lunch items (sandwiches and wraps) available beginning mid-morning.
Food and Beverage Stand Locations
- On McCormick Road near Garrett Hall in front of West Range Café (full service)
- West of the Rotunda near the University Chapel (snacks and beverages – cash only)
- East of the Rotunda near Washington Hall (snacks and beverages – cash only)
In addition to the food and beverage stands, the following locations will be open on Saturday and Sunday:
- Newcomb Hall (1st Floor): 1819 Supply Convenience Store – 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Newcomb Hall (1st Floor): Pavilion XI (Subway) – 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Newcomb Hall (1st Floor): Pavilion XI (Bento Sushi and Ben & Jerry’s) – 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Newcomb Hall (2nd Floor): Starbucks – 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Newcomb Hall (2nd Floor): The Juice Laundry – 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Observatory Hill Dining Hall (1st Floor): The Crossroads (snacks and beverages) – 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Aquatics & Fitness Center: The Juice Laundry – 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
For Valedictory Exercises on Friday, mobile concession stands will be set up in Sandridge Hall (main foyer) and the suite level near Sections 106 and 110 of John Paul Jones Arena (snacks and beverages).
Updated: May 9, 2022