Finals Weekend will be here before you know it! Here is a list of items you will want to take care of before you take your walk down the Lawn:
January - March
- August 2022/December 2022 Graduates - If you plan to participate in your school/department graduation ceremony, please contact the individual(s) listed as the primary contact for the ceremony to confirm your participation.
- Pick up your complimentary Cap & Gown from the UVA Bookstore. Note: Darden, Law, and Medicine graduates will pick up their cap & gown at their respective school.
- For doctoral students who wish to purchase UVA custom regalia, you must place your order by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 10. For additional information, visit the Cap & Gown page.
- For doctoral students who wish to rent regalia, you must place your order by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 7. For additional information, visit the Cap & Gown page.
- The deadline to correct/update the primary name that will appear on your diploma is May 1. To make changes, complete the the SIS Primary Name Update form on UREG's website.
- Complete the Class of 2023 UVA First Destination Survey on Handshake, which takes approximately 3 minutes. The information collected will provide UVA staff with a better understanding of students' professional development needs and will play a vital role in determining the types of development opportunities offered in the future. Commerce students, please use the McIntire Destinations Portfolio Survey to report your outcome.
- If you didn't pick up your cap & gown in February (undergraduate students) or March (master's and doctoral students), stop by the UVA Bookstore with a valid photo ID to claim yours starting on Wednesday, May 17. For hours and additional information, refer to the Cap & Gown page.
- Pick up your tickets for Class Party and Final Exercises from the UVA Bookstore between Wednesday, May 17 - Sunday, May 21.
- Plan your weekend. Please review the following items and then communicate any relevant information to your guests:
- The Finals Weekend schedule
- Where/when to assemble for your Final Exercises ceremony
- The location of your school/department graduation ceremony
- The weather plans for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Parking and shuttle bus options for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- The locations of the Remote (Indoor) Viewing Sites for Final Exercises (If you have more guests than tickets for Final Exercises, this is a great option for your guests who don't have a ticket. The remote viewing sites are also a great alternative for elderly guests, guests with infants or small children, or anyone who prefers to stay out of the elements. All venues are climate-controlled and wheelchair accessible).
Note: With so many people on the Lawn for Final Exercises, cell service is likely to be limited. It's a good idea for you and your guests to establish a post-ceremony meeting location before arriving to the Lawn.
- Connect on social media using #UVAgrad.
Updated: March 28, 2023